Have you added Lie to Me by J.T. Ellison to your book club reading list? We want to help create some great conversations at your next meeting! Here are some discussion questions you can bring up with your friends–and be sure to let us know in the comments section how your latest book club session went!
Careful, there are spoilers below!
- Did you have sympathy for Ethan when everyone thought he’d hurt Sutton? Did you ever think that maybe he’d done it?
- Did you have sympathy for Sutton? Did you think it was fair the way she left Ethan? Do you think the situation she’d found herself in justified the way she behaved?
- What did you think of Sutton’s plan to start over in Paris? Do you think that kind of self-reinvention is ever possible?
- How well do you think we really know the ones we love? Do you think we can ever truly know someone?
- Do you think Ethan and Sutton’s marriage will be stronger? Or do you think their old habits will die hard?
- How long do you think Sutton’s known about Josie’s identity? Does that make you question Sutton’s trustworthiness even now?