Tea: brewed. Book: procured. Hibernation mode: set.
As George R. R. Martin warned us, winter is coming, and though the frightful weather can be a pain if you need to actually leave the house, we all know that winter is the coziest season for readers.
A warm and comfy place to read is a must throughout the winter, even if that means just snuggling in bed with thick socks and a down comforter. But if you’re looking for a little inspiration to design your own cozy reading spot—or even just some aspirational places that will at least satisfy your imagination—these amazing spaces are sure to do the trick.
- You don’t always need an extra room in the house, just a comfy chair and some good lighting.
- But if you have that extra room, try this:
- Lots of pillows and blankets are key.
- There is no reason to leave this space, ever…
- …Unless it is to move to this space.
- Let me know when I can move in. (And never leave.)
- Minimalist cozy.
- Maximalist cozy.
- Just right cozy.
- Christmas is the coziest season.
- No fireplace? No problem. A nice candle can do the trick.
- See you when the snow melts!
Which of these warm spaces is your ideal reading room? Where do you cozy up with a book in the winter? Let us know in the comments!