THE GLOSS GALLEY HAUL
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE PRIZES.
PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER DOES NOT IMPROVE
YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
|Entry Method(s)||Subscribe to the BookClubbish newsletter via the Promotion Website for one (1) entry. Contestants can unsubscribe at any time.|
|Maximum Entries Allowed||1|
|Promotion Website||The Gloss Galley Haul – BookClubbish|
|Entry Period||Contest opens June 23, 2022 at 12:00 am Eastern Time “ET” and closes June 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET. All entries must be received by close of the Entry Period.|
|Selection Date||July 8, 2022|
|Eligible Entrants||Contest is open to subscribers of The Gloss’ email newsletter who are legal residents of the United States or Canada, excluding Quebec, and have reached the age of majority in their state of residence or older at the time of entry. There are no fees associated with subscribing the The Gloss’ email newsletter. Employees and immediate family members of: the Sponsor or the Gloss and their parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and all agencies, entities and persons engaged in the marketing and/or administration of this Contest are not eligible.|
|Prize||50 prizes will be awarded, each Prize consisting of one (1) advance reader copy of one of the following titles, the title awarded to each winner to be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion: The Witches of Moonshyne Manor by Bianca Maris and Angels of the Resistance by Noelle Salazar. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize is $26.99 USD.|
|Sponsor||Harlequin Enterprises ULC, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 4E3|
|Odds of Winning||Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.|
To participate in the Contest, an Eligible Entrant must perform the Entry Method(s) during the Entry Period. No other methods of entry will be accepted, and each Eligible Entrant may not exceed the Maximum Entries Allowed (any entries in excess of the Maximum Entries Allowed will be disqualified). The computer of the Sponsor is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
Entrants who do not meet the criteria for an Eligible Entrant will be disqualified. The Sponsor may further, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest.
By entering the Contest, all Eligible Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions theSponsor, which are final and binding. A copy of these Official Rules is available online via the Promotion Website.
Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Potential winners may be required to verify that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
The Sponsor will have no obligation to communicate with Eligible Entrants except with the Eligible Entrants selected for a Prize.
If contest is by random draw: On orabout the Selection Date, potential winner(s) will be selected by a random draw from among all Eligible Entrants.
Any potential winners will be notified by email and must respond within five (5) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to respond within the stated timeline, or if a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
Once a potential winner has responded with all required documentation in good order, they will be awarded the Prize.
Delivery of Prize requires a full street address (P.O. boxes are not accepted), which may be requested by the Sponsor. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. Mailed Prize will not be insured and the Sponsor will not assume any liability for any lost, damaged, or misdirected Prize.
Winner(s) will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with their acceptance of the Prize and any other expense not explicitly included in the description of the Prize. Canadian winners will be required to answer a skill testing question.
The Prize (and any and all portions thereof) must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that a specific prize item is discontinued or otherwise unavailable, a prize item or cash of equal or greater value may be awarded to a winner in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes.
Conditions, RELEASE AND INDEMNITIES
A potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release that confirms the potential winner’s:
- Eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and acceptance of the Prize as offered;
- Release and indemnification of the Releasees as set out below; and
- Consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and biographical material for purposes of advertising and publicity relating to the Contest, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
This Contest is void, in whole or part, where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
Releasees shall mean the Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, agents and promotion agencies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents and administrators.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Releasees:
- Are not responsible for printing, clerical or typographical errors of any kind or nature relating to entries.
- Shall not be liable for damages, injuries or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from participation in the Contest, or from acceptance and/or use or misuse of the Prize.
- Assume no liability for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undeliverable or misdirected entries, notifications and/or responses, or for any computer, online, software, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry.
- Are not responsible for damage to any Entrant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in connection with this Contest.
- Assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside the control of the Releasees which impair or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest.
- Assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by an Entrant’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail.
Entrants further acknowledge and agree that by participating in the Contest they:
- Release the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Prize-related activity, the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations or warranties.
- Will indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest, any Prize-related activity, or the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations and warranties.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Privacy and Use of Personal Information
Subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice. In the event that the Contest is terminated or suspended, the Sponsor will select winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action.
APPLICABLE LAW AND FORUM
Each Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, without regard to conflict of laws, and all claims arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules will be brought solely in the court located in Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and other Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
To receive the official name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, between February 1, 2022 and February 28, 2022, to: GLOSS Galley Haul Winner, c/o Harlequin Enterprises ULC, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 4E3.