NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE PRIZES.
PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
|Entry Method(s)||Use the widget on the Promotion Website to register your preorder of SECRETS OF JAIPUR by Aka Joshi; OR hand print your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address on a 3” x 5” piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “SECRETS OF JAIPUR Sweepstakes AMOE”, c/o Harlequin Enterprises ULC, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5H4E3 (an “AMOE”).|
|Maximum Entries Allowed||1 per person|
|Entry Period||Contest opens May 14, 2021 at 11:59 am Eastern Time “ET” and closes June 25, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET. All electronic entries must be received by close of the Entry Period. Any AMOE’s must be received by close of business on June 30, 2021.|
|Selection Date||July 23, 2021|
|Eligible Entrants||Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada, excluding Quebec who have reached the age of majority in their state/territory of residence or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of: the Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and all agencies, entities and persons engaged in the marketing and/or administration of this Contest, and Alka Joshi (the “Author”) and her immediate family are not eligible.|
|Prize||Each Entrant shall receive one (1) invitation to an online book club event hosted by Alka Joshi on July 22, 2021 (date subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion), ARV $10.00 (the “Invite”). Entrants will be required to have internet access and may further require software to access the event on a platform to be decided by Sponsor. The first twenty-five (25) Entrants as determined by Sponsor’s records shall receive a bookplate signed by Author, ARV $15.00 (the “Bookplate”). One Entrant, as decided by random draw, further as set out below, shall receive a personal birthday call from Author, on their next birthday and at a time to be determined by Sponsor, ARV $25.00 (the “Prize”).|
|Sponsor||Harlequin Enterprises ULC, Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 4E3|
|Odds of Winning||Odds of winning the Call are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.|
To participate in the Contest, an Eligible Entrant must perform the Entry Method(s) during the Entry Period. No other methods of entry will be accepted, and each Eligible Entrant may not exceed the Maximum Entries Allowed (any entries in excess of the Maximum Entries Allowed will be disqualified). The computer of the Sponsor is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
Entrants who do not meet the criteria for an Eligible Entrant will be disqualified. The Sponsor may further, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest.
By entering the Contest, all Eligible Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions theSponsor, which are final and binding. A copy of these Official Rules is available online via the Promotion Website.
Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Potential winners may be required to verify that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
The Sponsor will have no obligation to communicate with Eligible Entrants except with the Eligible Entrants selected for a Prize or as required to provide the Invite or Bookplate.
On orabout the Selection Date, potential winner(s) for the Prize will be selected by a random draw from among all Eligible Entrants.
Any potential winners will be notified by email and must respond within five (5) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to respond within the stated timeline, or if a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
Once a potential winner has responded with all required documentation in good order, they will be awarded the Prize.
Delivery of Bookplate requires a full street address (P.O. boxes are not accepted), which may be requested by the Sponsor. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. Mailed Prize will not be insured and the Sponsor will not assume any liability for any lost, damaged, or misdirected Prize.
Winner(s) will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with their acceptance of the Prize and any other expense not explicitly included in the description of the Prize.
The Prize, Invite and Bookplate (and any and all portions thereof) must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that a specific prize item is discontinued or otherwise unavailable, a prize item or cash of equal or greater value may be awarded to a winner in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes.
Conditions, RELEASE AND INDEMNITIES
A potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release that confirms the potential winner’s:
- Eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and acceptance of the Prize as offered;
- Release and indemnification of the Releasees as set out below; and
- Consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and biographical material for purposes of advertising and publicity relating to the Contest, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Canadian residents may further be required to answer a skill testing question.
This Contest is void, in whole or part, where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
Releasees shall mean the Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, agents and promotion agencies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents and administrators and author.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Releasees:
- Are not responsible for printing, clerical or typographical errors of any kind or nature relating to entries.
- Shall not be liable for damages, injuries or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from participation in the Contest, or from acceptance and/or use or misuse of the Prize.
- Assume no liability for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undeliverable or misdirected entries, notifications and/or responses, or for any computer, online, software, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry.
- Are not responsible for damage to any Entrant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in connection with this Contest.
- Assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside the control of the Releasees which impair or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest.
- Assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by an Entrant’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail.
Entrants further acknowledge and agree that by participating in the Contest they:
- Release the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Prize-related activity, the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations or warranties.
- Will indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest, any Prize-related activity, or the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations and warranties.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Privacy and Use of Personal Information
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant consents to the Sponsor’s collection and use of the Entrant’s name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, photograph and likeness for the purpose of administering the Contest (including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winner) and for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The Sponsor will use the Entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes, and will protect the Entrant’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Sponsor’s privacy notice located online at: https://corporate.harlequin.com/privacy-notice/ .
Subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice. In the event that the Contest is terminated or suspended, the Sponsor will select winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action.
APPLICABLE LAW AND FORUM
Each Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, without regard to conflict of laws, and all claims arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules will be brought solely in the court located in Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and other Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
Winner’s List To receive the official name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, between July 24, 2021 and August 14, 2021, to: SECRETS OF JAIPUR Winner, c/o Harlequin Enterprises ULC, Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 4E3.